Information about being a
Parish Councillor

There is a vacancy for one councillor on Tur Langton Parish Council


Would you like to make a difference and be involved in your community?  Why not consider becoming a Parish Councillor?

Current priorities for the council include supporting the renovation of the Village Hall and speeding in the village.  The council is responsible for the grass cutting in the village.  The council owns the seats and notice board in the village along with the phone kiosk, and is responsible for the defibrillator.

Interested?  Then please read on  / click on the links below:

Information about Parish Councils and being a Parish Councillor

There is a lot of information available about being a Parish Councillor as you can see from the publications and links below. 



You can also speak with one of the current Parish Councillors  - click here for contact details

 Who can be a councillor?


To be a councillor you must be at least 18 years old and a British, Commonwealth or Irish citizen or a citizen of another member state of the European Union.  You must also be on the electoral register for the Town or Parish; or


  • For all of the last year you must have lived in the parish or town or within 4.8km (3 miles) of it; or

  • Worked in the parish or town;

  • Have occupied land or other premises in the town or parish.


You cannot stand at an election if you are employed by the Parish Council, or you are bankrupt, or you have been given a prison sentence of three months or more (even if the sentence was suspended) in the last five years or you have been disqualified from standing by a court or tribunal.